Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Confessions of an English Paper Piecing-oholic

Oh how work has been getting in the way of my quilting! This week for my paper piecing post I'm sharing some beautiful paper pieced quilts by other quilters so I can have another week to get some more of my own paper piecing done before I share!


This first quilt is from the 2010 Tokyo Quilt Festival

Next is a different approach to the traditional flower garden quilt, the flowers were appliquéd onto this quilt

and finally, the last quilt I'd like to share this week is a more traditionally pieced grandmothers quilt with a not-so-traditional quilting job - the quilt was machine quilted after being hand pieced. If you'd like to read about why the quilter decided to machine quilt the hand pieced quilt you can read about that here http://pananani.wordpress.com/tag/grandmothers-flower-garden/


Hope everyone has a fabulous week and I promise not to disappoint with next weeks post I'll be quilting away all week!!
xo
Em

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...these are so beautiful! So intricate and detailed!

    ReplyDelete